The Northwest Religious Liberty Association is a non-partisan government relations and workplace mediation services program that champions religious freedom and human rights for all people and institutions of faith in the legislative, civic, judicial, academic, interfaith, evangelical and corporate workplace arenas in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.
- Monitor bills and laws for their impact on religious liberty in our legislatures (Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington)
- Propose and advocate for legislation in our capitols to support, advance and sustain religious liberty
- Provide periodic education and training for our legislative liaisons in the capitols of the states we represent
- Support and facilitate the work of Liberty magazine
- Mediate between employee and employer where the workplace requirements interfere with employees sincerely held religious beliefs
- Refer to organizations who provide similar services in other areas of the USA
- Present seminars on religious liberty for both the public and academic audiences
- Explore religious, political and constitutional trends from credible journalistic and academic sources and perspectives through our NRLA online channels and email newsletters
Religious Discrimination Mediation Services
Our staff provides professional consultation services to people of faith facing religious discrimination in the workplace. Our consulting services specifically involve workplace mediation between employee and employer, as well as direct legal assistance if necessary. We also assist people who, because of religious convictions, need help with immigration, immunization exemption, child custody, military or prison concerns.
For those with religious discrimination difficulties in the workplace, please call our workplace hotline at (360) 857-7022. Pastors, encourage your members to contact us directly for professional help and the most time sensitive assistance and response, as we cannot initiate the first contact or work through third parties. Our office hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday.
Contact our office for questions about religious discrimination issues.
For those interested in our non-partisan government relations program offering civil and religious liberty counsel to local and state officials in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington, call Andre Wang at (360) 857-7022.
Our priority is the advancement and defense of both the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, including state constitutions. This specifically involves professional support or opposition to legislative bills involving religious freedom and moral reform concerns. This means that we carefully select and involve ourselves in the advancement of national and moral reform issues in ways that harmonize with our attempt to balance separation of church and state and free exercise constitutional concerns.