Adventist Community Services is the official community outreach ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist church in the North Pacific Union territories which comprises of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington. ACS serves the whole person, a concept known as holistic ministry whose mission is to “serve communities in Christ’s name.”
- Expanding the scope of community services
- Building collaborative partnerships
- Integrating education in leadership development
Our core values
- Sharing – We proclaim the good news of salvation by actively demonstrating the love of God.
- Connecting – We build relationships by connecting people with their community family and to God.
- Ministering – We minister to the communities we serve by focusing on their physical, mental, social, and spiritual well-being.
- Discipleship – We empower and engage members to serve their communities by teaching, mentoring, and equipping in holistic ministry.
How we serve
- Equip pastors and lay members with skills and knowledge to help their church and community through the following seven families of ministries: Disaster Response; Emotional and Spiritual Care; Community Development/Urban Ministry; Older Adult Ministry; Hope for Humanity; Young Adult Emergency Services Corp.; and Tutoring/Mentoring Programs